insella's History of
Would you like to learn about
8 detailed maps
Researched from over 1000
sources including dozens of primary
Quality stitched binding to last generations
Published by Old Baldy Press
The history of the Irish is full of exhilarating stories, noble achievements, cliff-hanging
dramas, profound tragedies, and indefatigable perseverance - a history Clan Kinsella helped create.
Experience this history. Feel the rush of a warrior during battle, the thrill of a noble engaged in a cattle raid,
the concern of a famished farmer during spring ploughing, and
the comfort of a feasting clan listening to its file on Hallows Eve.
a lot of general Irish history...
- Assess how the Origin myths of the Gaels hold up against
- Discover who the early Irish were and what their culture was like
- Glimpse the ancient Irish sense of honor through tales of such heros
as Cuchulainn and Finn MacCool
- Read how St.Patrick converted the Irish
- Learn how the Vikings impacted the Irish and their society
- Follow Brian Boru through his transformation of Irish rule
- Understand how the Irish, once so feared by the people of England, became
subjects of that country
- The book continues by covering such historical events as:
Oliver Cromwell's arrival in Ireland
The Battle of the Boyne
The 1798 Rebellion
The Great Famine
The Easter Rebellion of 1916
Today's Celtic Tiger
...along with specific Kinsella history
Castle at Ferns
- Learn how the first Kinsella gained this name in the 3rd century
- Read quotes about Kinsellas from ancient Irish manuscripts
- Find out how the Viking raids impacted Hy Kinsella (our ancestral territory)
and how we fought against them
- Discover why one of the most notorious men in Irish history, our ancestor
Dermot MacMurrough, invited the English into Ireland
- See the Kinsella lineage as recorded in the 12th century Book of Leinster
- Follow a day in the life of a 12th century farmer from Hy Kinsella
- Understand how the Kinsellas managed to save their ancient traditions
for so long
- Glimpse the horror of the Great Famine and read anecdotes about Kinsellas
who fled for new lands
- Recapture some of your ancient inheritance by reading stories passed down
through generations of Kinsellas and now printed for the first time
ook in the book
Take a peek in the book, which has taken more than ten years
to research and write, to see if it's right for you. Here are the title
page and contents along with links to some partial chapters.
If you don't have the latest Adobe Reader
then you'll need to look at
these pages instead.
id you know...
- The name Kinsella was earned by a king at the end of his victorious battle?
- Some of Ireland's greatest High Kings were Kinsellas?
- While Brian Boru solidified the concept of High King, one of our ancestors
went further and attempted to create a royal Irish monarchy like England's?
- How the blinding of one ancestor caused Clan Kinsella to lose their chance
to be kings of Leinster?
- Why the name Kinsella isn't as common as Murphy or O'Kelly?
- How many Kinsellas were forced to move to the wastes of Connaught
during the Cromwellian years?
- Of the deprivations the Kinsellas faced during the Great Famine?
- Why the death of a Kinsella helped transform English land policy in Ireland?
- Where the Kinsellas still hail from in Ireland today?
A brooch worn by nobility
Special initial offering of $39.95 (U.S. dollars).
Autographed copy is $5 more.
Copyright © 1996 - 2018 Hy
Kinsella All Rights Reserved.